Ready to learn Somatic Sex Therapy?
Somatic-Concentric Sex Therapy Training
for Counseling Students and Professionals
*This training has been approved for 20 AASECT CE's!
Generally, learning about sex/ual/ity and its integral importance in intimate relationship is not a part of counseling curriculum. As a result, many therapists risk perpetuating misinformation in their clinical work.
This course offers an integrated, socially-just, and trauma-informed method to support you in understanding a whole-body sex/ual/ity as you counsel your clients about their intimate relationships. With the foundation of Sex Therapy with Somatic Psychotherapy and Dance/Movement Therapy, this method engages the many layers of the social self to uncover the shame and misinformation that has created wounds and halted mind-body integration so that you can support them in total body connectivity and a securely attached relationship with their sex/ual/ity.
Participants will learn to evaluate the relationship between the somatic self and all the important social arenas that influence how we inhabit and express ourselves. This body-based learning experience will show you how to integrate the exciting and easeful aspects of sexuality with the unconscious and fractured aspects, allowing for an integrative exploration and discovery of a whole-bodied erotic self.
You will learn how to incorporate somatic sex therapy into your work with clients through presentation of the theory, experientials, group discussion, and practice.
*This model does not include touch, except for direction on how to facilitate consensual, non-sexual touch between members of a couple as a part of in-session experientials. At the end of this course, you will be able to:
* Understand and articulate a somatic and dance movement therapy approach to sex therapy * Support your clients to develop a more confident and loving relationship with their erotic body * Understand arousal anatomy as a part of total body connectivity to address arousal non-concordance as well as other often misunderstood expressions and body-to-body dynamics.
* Assess a client's sexual problems using an integrated clinical somatic tool that incorporates body movement observation and assessment that integrates the impact of their sociocultural location.
* Address common presenting sexual problems such as desire difference, low arousal/desire, anorgasmia, or erectile dysfunction.
* Apply this somatic model to a diversity of client experiences and presentations.
* Navigate ethical dilemmas that arise in therapy
* Support your clients to craft their own supportive community & therapeutic team
Module #1 Somatic-Concentric Sex Therapy Foundations + Assessment & Interventions
Module #2 Ethical considerations, therapist somatic self-knowing, and supervised practice
Learn more about the
Melissa Walker was interviewed by Kim Rothwell of the Embodied Education Institute of Chicago. Listen in as they discuss the course and how therapists and counselors will benefit from the training.
Somatic-Concentric Sex Therapy Training Dates
Learn the theory and application with Melissa Walker & team